- This event has passed.
Purdue MEP’s Emotional Intelligence
January 17 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
Daniel Goleman contends, “IQ determines the careers and professions people enter, but EQ (emotional intelligence quotient) determines how far they get in that career or profession.” Emotional intelligence is the ability to comprehend value and manage the emotions of one’s self and others. It is an essential skill for leaders and for a project team environment. Leaders need self-awareness, self-discipline, motivation, social competence, and empathy, but our society isn’t developing people with these competencies.
This workshop explores the importance of using emotional intelligence for creating a stronger leadership model.
- Define emotional intelligence and explain why it is important.
- Discover your own level of emotional intelligence.
- Focus on building a new perspective around emotional intelligence.
- Identify the leadership implications of emotional intelligence.
- List ways to grow your own emotional intelligence.
Intended audience: New and experienced managers and leaders who want to develop or improve their knowledge of emotional intelligence.
Workshop length: 4 hours
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.