- This event has passed.
2024 National Patent Application Drafting Competition Overview and Webinar
November 2 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am CDT
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) invites law students studying patent law to participate in the 2024 National Patent Application Drafting Competition (NPADC). The competition introduces students to issues arising in U.S. patent law and develops their patent application drafting, amending, and prosecution skills.
Join us for a free virtual overview of the 2024 National Patent Application Drafting Competition (NPADC) and competition webpage demo this Friday, October 27. Two sessions will be available: from noon to 1 p.m. ET or from 4-5 p.m. ET. Participants only need to attend one session.
The presentation will include:
- An overview and history of the competition
- A review of the official rules
- Instructions on how to navigate the registration webpage
- Registration information
A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation.
All participants must meet the following eligibility requirements for the 2024 NPADC:
- Must be a student enrolled in law school on a full-time or part-time basis during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Cannot be admitted or licensed to practice law in the United States
- If a registered patent practitioner (i.e., a patent agent), must have a patent registration number issued on or after January 1, 2021
- Cannot be a USPTO employee
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.